Thursday, July 6, 2017

May 1, 2017

Hello Family and Friends!!! 

The last Sunday before transfers was Awesome!!!! It started off with the Confirmation of Russell Skuse. It was a great way to end the transfer. Afterwards we were able to go to another Ward and we're going to go to temple square with a band new investigator! Her name is Tenaz and she is the sister of a recent convert. She came to church once with us and loved it!!!! After temple square we're going to invite her to take the missionary lessons and also to be baptized on May 20th. We're super excited to see how it goes. In the last Ward we went to Elder Sandino and I gave talks in sacrament meeting and then we taught the class during the second hour. I absolutely love teaching!!!! It was a great Sunday! 

Yesterday was just as good. It was the end of the first week of the transfer. Transfer news came in and Elder Sandino and I will be staying together! Elder Sandino is one of the best companions a missionary can ask for which is something that I mentioned in my sacrament meeting talk. I'm very thankful for the Lords Inspiration on putting me with him. I hope to learn much during our next transfer together. If I stay with him for my last two transfers then he will make my longest had companion. That'll be cool! 

Some updates on what's happening with the people we've been teaching: Elisa is progressing and loves the lessons! Two Mondays ago we had to cut P-Day short to teach a lesson at her home. We took with us the Ward Mission Leader and his wife, Brother and Sister Griffin. We taught the plan of salvation and we're able to relate it back to everything that is important to her with is her family and her faith. She loved it and believes it. She accepted the baptismal date for May 13th. Last Monday she came over to the Griffins where we ate dinner together and talked about church and what we do there. We showed her videos of what sacrament meeting is like and invited her to attend with us. Well yesterday she came to church for the first time and she loved it!!! She was able to meet the Bishop and the Stake President. When we left she committed us to a lesson the next day so today we'll be teaching her at the Griffin's today. Everyone keep her in her prayers that the Spirit will be with her as she prepares to be baptized on the 13th. 

Nic is awesome! He's definitely going to be baptized. In order to help him more, we told him about the single adult Ward and invited him to attend. He still wants to see us now and then and because we teach his family we'll see hi every time we go over to his home. But the YSA sisters will be teaching him now. I'm very thankful for the opportunity that I had to get to know him and teach him. He's a wonderful guy that I hope to stay in contact with even after my mission. 

I love you all and wish you the best this week! 
Elder Kallin James Austin 
Utah SLC South Mission 


No comments:

Post a Comment