Friday, April 28, 2017

April 17, 2017

Hello family and friends!!!! What a great week!!!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend. We definitely enjoyed ours!!!!

Last Thursday we had the special opportunity as a Zone to take our
investigators to a musical concert. The performance was called the
"Lamb of God" and it was done by the Draper Philharmonic Orchestra. We
had the special opportunity to take one of our investigators on date
to be baptized (Nic) and it was an amazing experience. They had a full
orchestra and also a full choir.they also had several soloists that
sung parts in the place of many of the apostles and also significant
women in the New Testament. The went through some of the miracles
Jesus Christ performed during his life, His Atonement, His death, and
His resurrection. I was blown away and I couldn't think of a better
way to prepare myself for Easter! Nic loved it and is still preparing
himself to be baptized on May 6th. Hopefully the rest of his family
will also take this very important step to join the gospel as well!

Last Wednesday we received a text from one of our investigators named
Russell Skuse who has been taking missionary lessons for two years
now. He is fully active in his high priest group every Sunday but just
hasn't taken that step of baptism because of lash back that he has
received from his family. Just before Elder Sandino and I entered the
area, he had just dropped the other Elders asking them for a little
time away from missionary lessons. Well we got into the area and have
been working with him since. Lady Wednesday we received a text from
his saying "hey Elders! I just got back from my business trip! It was
complicated and we ran into a lot of problems. But I'm back now and I
want to schedule my baptism date for this Sunday at 7:00 P.M. Will
that work?" We both nearly passed out after reading the text and we
rejoiced!!!! We said "of course it will!!!!" He passed his interview
with flying colors and he was baptized on Easter Day. His daughter,
who wasn't supportive in the past, not only came to church with him
but also came to the baptism to support her father. It was a wonderful
baptism and the Holy Spirit was very strong. After we had taught the
Restoration to everyone while Russell was changing out of baptism
clothes, we sat down and Elder Sandino leaned over and said "that was
the most powerful lesson I've taught. The Spirit was so strong!" I was
so happy that we were able to experience this amazing miracle!

I'm very thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that makes this
miracle of baptism possible. Knowing that He came and atoned for us
gives us perfect hope that we too will be able to ascend to our Father
in Heaven one day. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. God the
Father and God the Son are real and they know us all by name. I love
them and will serve them as best as I can.

I love you all and I wish you an amazing week. Also please keep the
Espinoza family in your prayers! This family has been torn apart by
Satan as they were investigating the gospel. They need all the help
they can get. Have a great week!

returning a dog to his owner

No comments:

Post a Comment