Thursday, July 6, 2017

July 3, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

Well I am sprinting to the end!!! There is a lot of work to do still
and the Lord isn't finished with me yet!

Elder Vivas and I have made some serious commitments to step up the
work. We're putting to use all of the knowledge that we've gained over
the course of our mission to find success. We've found a lot this
week. Many people we run into on the streets are prepared to accept
the restored gospel. There was someone we ran into yesterday who has
been seriously considering joining the church because her daughter
recently did so. She was soooo receptive!!! We listened to her story
and gave her some commitment that would really help her. I felt the
Holy Ghost tell me that she would join very soon as we walked away. We
haven't seen too much Spanish work but we have been used as tools in
the Lord's hands to build up the kingdom with everyone that we've run
into.

I'm doing great! My wrist is still really messed up but it should be
getting better soon. President Lansing gave me permission to contact
my cousin, Braiden, who is a physical therapist. It was super weird to
talk with him on the phone haha! But he's going to send me some
exercises that I can do to help.

In my personal study I came across one of my favorite passages of
scripture, Jacob 5! I just want to share a couple verses that mean a
lot to me. To give some explanation, the vineyard is the world and all
the fruit are us, the people of the world. I have it set in my mind to
be one of the servants mentioned in the scripture.

70 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his servant;
and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and
brought other servants; and they were few.
71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in
the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that
I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the
season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye
shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against
the time which will soon come.
72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their
mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they
did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.
75 And it came to pass that when the Lord of the vineyard saw that his
fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called
up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have
we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done
according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it
is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And blessed art thou;
for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard,
and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the
natural fruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is
cast away, behold ye shall have joy with me because of the fruit of my
vineyard.

I hope that we can all set it in our minds to be one of the servants
of the vineyard. I hope you all have a great week!

Elder Kallin James Austin
Utah SLC South Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment