Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Nov 16, 2015

Hey!

So this week was crazy!!! Here's what happened Tuesday:

As you can see it snowed....a lot!!!! It's also suppose to snow again tomorrow. 

Thursday my companion apologized to me all of a sudden because he was being so lazy and he wants his last two weeks to be full of work and miracles. This lasted for about two days and now we're back to the way things were before but I think it'll happen at least one more time before he goes home. 

Friday my companion was sick so I spent the entire day with Elder Armantrout and Schunk. 

Saturday we picked up a new investigator. His name is Miguel. His stepson just recently committed suicide so he's been going through a really rough time. We taught him the first lesson and throughout my companion was being extremely bold. He told him that he knows that the lord has been preparing him for this meeting with us and the Book of Mormon is what he needs in his life. We also used some new stuff from some recent trainings which is that we had him not only say a prayer after the lesson but we also had him take time to feel the spirit and break the silence afterwards. This lesson went extremely well because he's reading the Book of Mormon without us regularly or as regularly as you can in two days and he's definitely putting in effort to find out if this is true or not. 

Sunday we went over to Miguel's house to see how he was doing and ended up teaching him another lesson. We read through 1Nephi 1 with him and taught him about prophets and revelation. Afterwards we committed him to the normal read, pray, and come to church. It was a very good lesson and we'll be seeing him again on Wednesday. We also met with Isabel today as well. We read with her in 3 Nephi 27 and taught her about the gospel of Christ. Towards the end she started to cry and we stopped the lesson. We waited a moment and my companion asked her if she believed that all of this was true. She said yes. He also asked her if she still wanted to get baptized on the 28th. She said yes. The rest of the lesson went very well and I'm pretty sure she'll actually go through with being baptized. She's changed a lot since our first lesson. Our first lesson she didn't seem all that interested but now up she is our most progressing investigator. Sunday was a pretty good day. 

Today we are going to be playing soda can baseball (sister's idea). So that's going to be interesting. We also received an email today that Elder Bednar will be visiting our mission on Dec. 5 which I'm really excited for! 

My Spanish is terrible and now it's messing with my English. I'm starting to have trouble pronouncing words I've been saying my entire life. So now instead of being bi-lingual I can't speak anything. Also I have two more Sundays until that talk I have to give in Spanish branch so planning on being sick then. I'll be sure to let you know how that goes. 

Tell everyone I said hi.

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment