Monday, April 11, 2016

March 21, 2016

This weeks has been amazing

We've hit standards of excellence this week. It's been a while since
the last time. 


We have an investigator named Jessica who is going to be baptized this
Saturday. The first time we met her she came to church with a recent
convert. She came up to us and said "I want to be baptized in your
church." We were kind of shell shocked because that never happens!
We've taught her almost everything now and she is very excited to be
baptized. 


We met a new investigator last Saturday named Omar. He has only been
in the United States for a month now and he doesn't speak English at
all. In our first lesson he told us "I was born Catholic but religion
has never been a part of my life. I want to know who God is." After we
taught the story of Joseph Smith he said "I feel like Joseph Smith is
like me because I have that question too and I believe in his story."
He came to church yesterday and we showed him around the building. We
finished with talking about the sacrament and when we where done he
said "this is what I've been looking for my entire life." He will be
baptized on the 9th of April and we are so excited! 

Other than that we found 5 new investigators this week and taught many
lessons. I'm very excited to see what this week is going to be like.
We have a lesson with Omar later so we're going to start the week out
awesomely. 


Something that I read this week that really changed the way I teach
was a talk by president Monson entitled See Others As They May Become.
It's an awesome talk and I encourage everyone to read it.

Have a great week, Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment