Friday, April 28, 2017

April 10, 2017

Hello family and Friends!

We had an amazing week this week and the miracles have continued. All
of our investigators are doing well and I have some amazing stories to
tell.

The first is about Elisa. Elisa is someone that we found on general
conference weekend. She loved the message of the restoration and
wanted to investigate the church. Well she got sick this weekend and
couldn't come to church. We were bummed but we decided to call the
Ward mission leader and on Saturday we went over to his house for
lunch and we made a health smoothie to take over to Elisa. When we
knocked on her door we waited a bit and after a couple minutes she
opened. I could tell that she wasn't feeling well but her face lighted
up right when she saw us. We gave her the smoothie and immediately she
thanked us and said "oh I just love the gospel library!!! I just
finished a lot of the New Testament and also the 1st book of Nephi for
the second time!! I'm already on the second book and I just love all
of it!!!" I nearly fainted when she said she was that far into the
boom of mormon! We're going to ask her how she's doing tonight. She
hasn't accepted a baptismal date yet but she is super close and it's
only been a week.

The second miracle that happened this week was last Thursday we
received a call. Nic Watson is the son son of Geoff Watson who has 11
kids in his home. We've taught the whole family before and we also
took them to the stake center to see Conference. We got a call from
Nic and he said "hey Elders! I wanted to meet with you one on one.
When would work for you?" We told him "we could meet tonight!" He
laughed and said it wouldn't work then. We agreed on Saturday and he
wanted to have the meeting away from his home so we had it set up at
the stake center. We didn't know what he wanted to talk about but we
both had good feelings about it. Saturday came and he asked if he
could take his girlfriend with him. We met and we asked him "Nic thank
you for calling us. You said that you wanted to meet so what is it
that we can do for you?" He said "well I've been thinking about this
for a while and I want to be baptized." I nearly fainted that time too
haha! We talked about his family and he said that although they're not
where he's at, they're supportive of his decision and they would like
to sit in on the discussions. We went over the baptismal questions and
he's perfectly fine with almost anything. We're going to be meeting 3
times a week and he is on date to be baptized for May 6th. We are
super excited for Nic and his decision.

Today we had the last miracle that I want to mention. Today during
Zone activity we had a miracle text. Russell is a man that has been
investigating the church for years now and he just got back from a
business trip so I asked him how the business trip was. He responded
saying that there were a lot of complications and a lot of change in
plans and right at the end he said "I want to talk about baptismal
dates. Do you want to chat later?" I called all the missionaries
together and we all freaked out together!!!! He has family in town
this week so we're going to meet with him next Monday. Before then
we're going to have all the high priests go over and share something
with him so he can keep the Spirit with him. When we see him Monday
we're going to ask him what changed and what helped him want to set a
date and then we're going to invite him to be baptized on April 29th
we're super excited for him as well.

I absolutely love this work. The Lord blesses you when you're faithful
to him. He has been sending me many trials recently but also some of
the most amazing miracles that I've seen on my mission. I know that He
lives and that He loves us. I know that we are sons and daughters of
the most high God who not only loves us but is anxious to help us with
our practical and our spiritual problems. I am so very thankful that
Jesus Christ made it possible for me to speak to my Heavenly Father
through prayer while here on this earth. If it wasn't for Jesus Christ
then I would have been separated from Him forever. I testify of the
reality of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and His involvement in the
lives of man. I love Him with all my heart and will do everything I
can to show that I am grateful for His Atonement.

I love all of you and I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment