Monday, March 27, 2017

March 13, 2017

Dear Family and Friends,

We ended this transfer with a great miracle! Elder Holmes and I found
6 people who wanted missionary lessons and to come to Jesus Christ. We
sent many referrals to other areas knowing that they were prepared by
God all the while hoping that the Lord would bless us for our
diligence. This past Friday we were at our dinner appointment and the
family we were eating with told us of a new family that had just moved
into their basement. It's four adults and two kids. We decided to
teach the family we were eating with the restoration and encouraged
them to invite their friends to come to church this Sunday. They did
and we sat next to them. They loved church and we were able to set up
a lesson for later that day. It was an amazing lesson and they're all
amazing! They are the Sanchez family from Colombia. We were super
happy to have picked up 4 new investigators for the Lord.

Transfer news came in and Elder Holmes and I will both be transferred.
Elder Holmes will be going to English speaking in a stake in Draper. I
will also be going English Speaking in Draper and my new companion
will be a missionary named Elder Sandino. I've met him a couple
transfers ago when we were in the same zone. Elder Sandino is a great
missionary from Nicaragua. He has been out for a while so we're both
going to have a lot of experience between the two of us. It is going
to be interesting going to English Speaking but I'm very excited.
Elder Sandino will be teaching me a lot.

Recently I've been reading in Doctrine and Covenants and in the early
sections many people are asking Joseph Smith to ask the Lord
concerning their role in the work. Many of them were anxious to
proclaim all that they had learned of the restored gospel even before
the Book of Mormon had been published. Many of them were told by
revelation to wait until they could obtain the word and then their
mouths would be loosed. It is amazing to me how willing they were to
do what I'm doing right now. Some of the first such as Hyrum was not
called to be a missionary before he held community sermons over the
restoration and the Book of Mormon. They are an example to me of faith
and diligence. I hope that we can learn from them and continue to do
the work out of our own desires to serve our Lord whether we've been
called to do so or not. I know that this work is directed by the Lord
Jesus Christ. Just as Christ said in D&C 15 and 16:

"And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the
most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people,
that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the
kingdom of my Father. Amen."

I love you all and I wish you the best! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment