Monday, March 27, 2017

February 20, 2017

Dear Family and Friends! 

What a wonderful week the Lord has blessed us with! We have seen some amazing miracles! 

Firstly there is a man we have been trying to teach for the Longest time named Manuel Rodriguez. We've stopped by his house several times last transfer and every time we did his wife (who is a member) told us that he wasn't ready yet. So we ended up dropping him for future missionaries. This past week during planning, Elder Holmes saw his name in the area Book and felt really impressed to stop by. So we did and we knocked on the door again. His wife answered the door again and looked more cheerful this time. We asked how she was doing and then I said "the reason we are here is to share the gospel with your husband." She smiled, turned, and yelled "Manuel, the missionaries have a question for you!" He let us in immediately and we got to know him a little. We taught him the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He was attentive the entire time and when we invited him to be baptized he said yes but that he needs time. We asked what he was doing and he told us that he was reading the Book of Mormon with his family. Elder Holmes and I then both shared our testimonies and how we came to know that these things were true. We're going to meet with him again this week and help him exercise his faith towards a baptism date. Please keep Manuel Rodriguez in your prayers. 

This week I finished studying Jacob 5 and what an amazing chapter!!!! I want to share a couple verses that impacted me. This is the Lord speaking to His servants right before He gathers Israel for the last time. 

 70 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his servant; and the servant went and did as the Lord had commanded him, and brought other servants; and they were few.
 71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.
 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.
 73 And there began to be the natural fruit again in the vineyard; and the natural branches began to grow and thrive exceedingly; and the wild branches began to be plucked off and to be cast away; and they did keep the root and the top thereof equal, according to the strength thereof.
 74 And thus they labored, with all diligence, according to the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard, even until the bad had been cast away out of the vineyard, and the Lord had preserved unto himself that the trees had become again the natural fruit; and they became like unto one body; and the fruits were equal; and the Lord of the vineyard had preserved unto himself the natural fruit, which was most precious unto him from the beginning.
 75 And it came to pass that when the Lord of the vineyard saw that his fruit was good, and that his vineyard was no more corrupt, he called up his servants, and said unto them: Behold, for this last time have we nourished my vineyard; and thou beholdest that I have done according to my will; and I have preserved the natural fruit, that it is good, even like as it was in the beginning. And blessed art thou; for because ye have been diligent in laboring with me in my vineyard, and have kept my commandments, and have brought unto me again the naturalfruit, that my vineyard is no more corrupted, and the bad is cast away, behold ye shall have joy with me because of the fruit of my vineyard.
Let's all choose to be one of the Lord's few servants as all who are a member of His church have been called to do the work. I know that Jesus Christ lives and guides us and that He is preparing the wold for His second coming. 

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment