Saturday, February 18, 2017

January 30, 2017

Hello family and friends!

Transfer calls came in and I will be staying. My companion, Elder
Cardenas, will be leaving unfortunately and will be going to West
Jordan. I will miss him greatly. He is a fantastic missionary and a
very hard worker and I know that he's going to do great things in his
new area. My new companion will be Elder Holmes. He is a gringo from
Alabama and actually lives with us in our apartment. It will probably
be the easiest transfer that he's ever had.

This last week was one miracles after another. We found a new
investigator named Homero. He has read the Book of Mormon twice now
and is about to finish it again. He really wants an answer to know if
he really needs to get baptized. I know that we were sent to him for a
reason and now is his time. We will be eating at his home tonight and
we will also be starting a fast to help him get an answer. Everyone
please keep Homero in your prayers!

Melanie is amazing and she is for sure getting baptized. We taught her
yesterday and she always remembers to read and pray. She's only 9 and
she did better than I when I was in high school! Right now she's
trying Moroni's promise in Moroni 10:3-5. I know that she will be
ready for baptism and her brothers are also doing everything with her
to support her. This family is just so amazing! I'll attach a picture
of them in the email.

Recently I found a quote by Elder Bruce R. McConkie that pretty much
describes the calling that I have received. " I am called of God. My
authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I
have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus
Christ. He is my Master and He has chosen me to represent Him. To
stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if
He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent
me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my words are His
words and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He
wants done. To say what He wants said. To be a living modern witness
in word and deed of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day
work."

My vision is that everyone to whom I speak will come to know the
Savior through who I am and what I say. My purpose is to invite others
to come unto Christ by helping them receive His restored gospel
through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism,
receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. This is
all I think about anymore and it's what drives me to do my best each
day. I hope that everyone will find the joy that I have found as they
share this gospel with everyone they meet. It will be something I plan
on doing for the rest of my life.

I know that the Savior is real and He directs this church. I love you
all and I hope you have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment