Saturday, February 18, 2017

February 6, 2017

Well family and friends, this has been an amazing week! We have found
so many new families to teach and they're all so prepared!!!! The Lord
has really blessed us here in the daybreak area.

My new companion is Elder Holmes from Alabama. His favorite things in
the Ward are guns and the gospel. We work very well together and our
goal is to help everyone we see come closer to Jesus Christ. Today we
had a companionship activity and we had some bonding time:



We were very blessed to have 4 non members come to church today. We're meeting with all of them today and tomorrow and we're going to teach them the restoration. It's amazing because Elder Holmes and I felt very strongly to pray that we can find 4 people to bring to the waters of baptism. We knew that the only way we could possibly do it is with the help of the Lord and He truly does bless His faithful servants. 

Something that I have been learning more and more about is how the Lord always keeps His promises. My favorite promise is the one found on my mission plack from D&C 88:62-64. This promise is true and I have experienced the blessing from it. I am accompanied as I teach and testify of the restored gospel. My greatest desire is to do missionary work and to help others experience the blessing of knowing their God and the plan of salvation that He had created for us. I am so excited for the baptism of Melanie this next Saturday. We met with her yesterday and she's doing amazing! She told us that the Book of Mormon is true because of what the Spirit told her through her prayers. She's only 9 too and it's amazing to see the Spirit working through her. 

Anyways I love all of you and I hope you have a great week! 

Elder Kallin James Austin 
Utah SLC South Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment