So I see some people write the week number when they write their emails back home and to friends. I just realized that I have no idea what my week number is. I feel like I just got here yesterday. So we'll go with week 1.
This week we had our ups and downs. First I want to start with the ups. Last week we found many new investigators. This week we had the opportunity to teach them again! Rey and Sergio are still amazing are both are really cool guys! They'll wake up early and play basketball with you during exercise, the feed you carne asada out of the blue, and they'll even listen to you talk about the gospel. Rey immediately accepted a date to be baptized once again when we taught him Wednesday but Sergio said that they want to wait a little bit longer. Both promised to come to church with us however.
Mike is a guy we've been teaching off and on. He has no belief in a God or a higher power. However the last lesson we had with him was absolutely perfect! We were in exchanges and I had Elder Fehoko in my area with me. Elder Fehoko is from the Kingdom of Tonga where 75% of the population is Mormon and the other 25% is Methodist. Elder Fehoko told Mike his story of how for 9 years he rebelled against the church and God and how he came to repent and know the truth. He was the perfect person to have there. We had Mike promise us to pray later that night. He told us that he would try. We'll see what happens. Francisco Regalado is a very crazy man. He is absolutely insane. He is completely open to having missionaries over but once you sit down he will talk your ear off over everything. Literally this guy can talk hours on just about any subject. It's extremely hard to keep the lesson on tract and even harder to have him keep commitments. The missionaries have been teaching him for about 6 months now and he has progressed only a little. One of the major things I have seen is that when we met him he would schedule lessons 2 weeks ahead. Now we're meeting with him twice a week. He also promised to come to church and we hoped that meeting the members would help him start to be more interested.
The last person I want to talk about is a 73 year old man named Marcos. He is completely amazing!!! We talk a lot about the Book of Mormon with him because out of everything we have in the gospel, the Book of Mormon is what he is most interested in. In our last lesson we taught him how to pray and he gave the closing prayer. Afterwards he cried and said that that was the most amazing he has ever felt in a very long time. He won't commit to any major commitments yet but he will commit to reading more of the Book of Mormon. When he does I know he will come around. He also told us that he would try to make it to church.
Okay now for the downs, we had only one person come to church. It was Fransisco. It was hard for us that no one else made it and we even went by some of their homes before church to make sure that they would come. But Fransisco came all on his own and loved it. He has his parents coming in town this week and they are very Catholic but he said that he's going to invite them to come next Sunday. We hope that this is finally his time to accept the gospel.
That's all that happened this week. I hope everything is going great back home.