Saturday, March 19, 2016

Jan 18, 2016

How are still in the hospital. I though it was only going to take a
few weeks? Was there something else wrong?

I'm doing fine but I did get transferred. I'm in West Jordan right
now. I'm in the best Ward in the mission according to everyone and
I've seen a huge difference between this Ward and the Galena Branch.
All the members are so willing to help us work and everyone is so nice
here. However I replaced Elder Creig who was completely loved here so
everyone is comparing me to him but that's okay. I'm doing my best and
they recognize that.

My new companion is Elder Montgomery and he is the first companion
that I've had who is willing to help me with my Spanish. He is younger
than me but is about to go home in 4 months. He's the first companion
who has been younger than me so it's kind of weird. He's a great guy
though. He's very outgoing and friendly. He's the best companion I've
had yet.

So during the week we've been teaching many less-actives and 2
investigators. We just picked up a new investigator yesterday who is
an exchange student from Qatar. Yes he is Muslin and yes he is
completely awesome!!!! He's probably going to be baptized on the 13th
of next month. He also has religious freedom in Qatar so he won't be
punished for switching religions which is good.

Well my absolute favorite chapter in preach my gospel right now is
chapter 6: How Do I Develop Christlike Attributes? Right now I'm
working on the attribute of diligence and afterwards I'm going to
study on faith. It's really change how I teach and how I work every
day. I can see myself getting better. It's really a,along how much the
Gospel changes you on the mission.

Also something I forgot to mention is that Elder Montgomery is from
Atlanta as well. He lives on the North East side so I never met him
before the mission but I just thought it was cool nonetheless.

Well that's pretty much everything. I hope you and Mikelle will be
home soon. Have a good week

Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment