Friday, July 8, 2016

July 4, 2016

Well we did it! It was tough but we did it!!! Mario was baptized last Saturday and confirmed the following day. Pictures are at the bottom.
So last week I explained how I put him on date. Well this week we taught him every single day so he would be ready for Saturday and it was hard!!!! But he told us that he had a dream that Hermano Silva would baptize him and so he was ready to do everything possible to be
baptized and he was!!!!! He is a very amazing mean and very humble! He knows it's true and we are just blessed to be the elders that were able to baptize him. Hermano Silva is on the left and Mario is on the right.

Other than that we have had several lessons with Jorge and MarĂ­a. They are both super excited for their baptism tomorrow!!!! But she is very nervous. But we have been texting her scriptures today to help her. I am so excited to see them be baptized!!!!!! They had their baptism interview yesterday and Elder Lyons was the one that did it. I wasn't able to stay for it because I had to go with our Ward mission leader to teach a lesson but when I got back Elder Lyons told me that he's never interviewed more prepared people in his mission. Also that Jorge talked about the possibility of him serving a mission. When I heard this I freaked out! So we had planned a temple Trip with Jorge to the Salt Lake temple and it went great! Picture at the bottom.
On the way home Elder Jimenez started talking to Jorge and said "we encourage you to think about serving a mission." I then pushed Elder Jimenez aside and said "will you commit to God to serve a mission?" It was pretty bold but he said yes! He is great!

Also we achieved the standard of excellence again this week for the third time in a row. It's cool I've never done that before!!! Hopefully I can keep it going in my next transfer. 

Anyways have a great week!!!!!

Elder Kallin James Austin 
Utah SLC South Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment